Tuesday, March 22, 2011

harmonious discontent

For about the millionth time i've attempted to handwrite my journal.  I picked up the pen, started a few words and then set it down again.  I am not sure if it were outside or internal distractions that prevented me from completing what was sure to be an antecdotal memory.

What I do know is that my son is leaving tomorrow.  He is going to live with his father for quite some time.  I am saddened by this.  For the longest time I believed that I was all he needed to become a well-rounded, well-adjusted human being.  I am sure what hurts the most is that I was wrong, however, what hurts the most is that my baby boy, my son will be setting off for a new adventure that I won't be a part of.  He will make memories over the next few months that won't include me.  That brings such pain. 

Instead those memories will include a father that has been absent for most of his life. 

The reasons to why he is leaving will remain private as it is a family matter.  But it is something that I cannot handle by myself.  It took a lot for me to admit that. 

With his father in Georgia and myself here... it has been a long hard road.  My girls seem to be doing okay though.  My oldest will be graduating soon and my youngest has yet to reach that most expressive age of "teen". 

No comments:

Post a Comment