Tuesday, February 1, 2011

on wondering

Sometimes I wonder if it is even worth continuing a journal.  I know that I can change the privacy settings and keep those out that I don't wish to read it.  But I also have the journal beside my bed that I attempt to write in every night.

I even have completed hand written journals.  When I worked for AOL, I had full use of the internet.  I could post my blog any moment.  Now, I have to fight with my children just to gain access to the computer.  They need it for school, I need it for thinking and for writing.

It is somehow easier to type than to physically write.  It is somehow easier for the words to flow and for my fingers to not miss a moment of the waterfall of thoughts.  It is somehow easier to take a snapshot in time when I am typing instead of writing.  It is also somehow easier to backspace and erase.  I use a pen in my journal.  I do not wish to erase any thoughts that fall onto the page.  I don't like scribbles.  I think they look out of place and dirty.

Dirty scribbles.  Blotting up the pages of my journals --- no way.  No how.  I need to make a concerted effort to write more freely here.  Not a lot of people pay attention to what I have to say.... that is, not yet. 

Just wait.. Not too much longer....  and yet.. I just erased a free flowing thought.  I am kind of glad there are no pens in cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment